Raffle of the Day provides a fund platform that leverages the power of community, trust, and technology to make luxury products more affordable so there’s more money left for charitable giving. RaffleoftheDay.com allows almost anybody (see restrictions below) to enter a sweepstakes and have an equal chance of winning. Pretty cool, right? And it’s legit, too. There are lots of laws in place to protect our donors and ensure everything is fair. So please enjoy these long, detailed, official rules so that you have all the information you need before entering any of the sweepstakes or raffles advertised on our website.
A few things to note:
- You can always enter any campaign for free (although we hope you’ll consider donating—it is, after all, a great cause. A cause of your choosing).
- Certain parts of these rules are required by different laws. To make sure you notice them, we use BIG, SCARY, BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS for those sections.
- These official rules apply to every sweepstakes/raffle we run—but sometimes we also have extra information or requirements. In those cases, we publish extra rules on the campaign page. Usually those rules work with these, but occasionally, we may need to adjust some of these rules for that campaign. We’ll tell you about those changes on the campaign page.
HERE ARE THE BIG, BOLD, SCARY LETTERS:
WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION, WE GIVE YOU AN ENTRY INTO THE DRAWING. IT’S OUR WAY OF SAYING THANKS. IN ADDITION TO PRIZES THAT ARE REWARDED BY A RANDOM DRAWING. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY SWEEPSTAKES/RAFFLES.
VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
HOW IT WORKS.
Each raffle is a great big team effort. First, we (Raffle of the Day, LLC., or just “Raffle of the Day” to our friends) work with awesome companies (we call them each a “Partner” and collectively “Partners”). The products that are in our sweepstakes/raffles are purchased from our partners. Our sweepstakes/raffles are in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed, or associated with any companies who we call partners. We use our partners logo and name on Raffle of the Day’s online platform (our “Platform”) simply to provide details regarding the products origin. The luxury products (“Products”) are ones that almost anybody (see restrictions below) can enter to win. The money raised goes to the Charity.
HOW TO ENTER A RAFFLE (SWEEPSTAKES).
Raffle of the Day offers two ways to enter a raffle/sweepstakes, and it’s really easy to do any of the methods of entry.
- By Donation – Visit RaffleoftheDay.com, choose a raffle, complete the registration process/payment process.
- Enter for free – Visit RaffleoftheDay.com, choose the raffle that speaks to you. Then simple contact us at email@example.com
Equality matters to us at Raffle of the Day: we use a system so that entries are treated equally.
WHO CAN ENTER A RAFFLE?
We love everybody; however, some countries don’t love sweepstakes. So, we have to restrict entries from those countries. This means that most raffles are open to most countries around the world. We also may have to limit certain raffles to specific countries. If we do so, we publish that in special rules on the raffle page. You will not be able to submit your donation or free entry if you are a resident of a banned country or are accesses our website from an IP address from a banned country. If you are reading these rules, then you are able to enter.
Also, to keep things fair, full-time and part-time employees of Raffle of the Day, Product, or Partners for the applicable raffle, and members of their household and immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, domestic partners, siblings, and children), are not eligible to enter. Additionally, any individual that uses a bot, software, or any other codes, instructions or third-party software for the purpose of automatically entering into a sweepstakes (or multiple sweepstakes) or in any way that provides an unfair advantage over individuals that enter manually, will be disqualified from the sweepstakes they entered and all future sweepstakes, subject to Raffle of the Day’s sole discretion.
From time to time we may set limitations on how frequently someone can be eligible to win more than one Major or Minor product within a specified time period. In those cases, a “Major” product is one that has an approximate retail value of Six Hundred United States Dollars ($600.00 USD) or more. A “Minor” product is one that has an approximate retail value less than Six Hundred United States Dollars ($600.00 USD).
Finally, sometimes your country may allow you to enter a sweepstakes but not allow you to receive a certain Product. It’s your responsibility to review any specific restrictions before claiming that Product or making a donation.
In all cases, raffles are void where prohibited by law.
WHEN CAN I ENTER A RAFFLE?
The start and end date for each raffle is listed on the raffle page. Unless otherwise specified, we usually start raffles at 12:00:01 A.M. Central (“CT”) and end at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on the days specified. We call this time period the “Raffle Window”.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I WON?
Within 5 business days of raffle close, we’ll use an automated random drawing process to draw a potential winner(s) for that raffle. A confirmation process, which may include a background check, will then take place to ensure the potential winner meets the legal standards required. Winner agrees to cooperate fully with Raffle of the Day in Raffle of the Day conducting any background check(s), which includes providing the information requested by Raffle of the Day including, but not limited to, full legal names and addresses. Pending a positive outcome of the confirmation process, a Raffle of the Day representative will notify the potential winner via email and/or phone. The potential winner must respond within the time period designated in the notification, or Raffle of the Day may move on to another randomly drawn potential winner. Before confirming a potential winner as the winner, Raffle of the Day may require the potential winner to confirm their eligibility. Once that’s done, the potential winner must execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Raffle of the Day. If you do not execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Raffle of the Day, you will forfeit the Product and Raffle of the Day will move on to another randomly drawn potential winner.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS OR CONDITIONS ON A PRODUCT?
We describe each Product at the raffle page and in any special raffle rules, including the approximate retail value for that Product. Look at the section called “Legal Stuff” for lots of details.
Some Products have extra restrictions or conditions. We post these in the specific rules for that raffle, too.
We spend a lot of time thinking up the most amazing Products possible, so, unless specified otherwise in the special raffle rules, Products can’t be transferred or substituted, except that we can substitute a Product of equal or lesser value. Unless otherwise specified in the special raffle rules, in the event that a portion of a product goes unused, it may not be substituted, transferred, or redeemed for cash.
And you might not love taxes, but they’re your responsibility and you have to pay them. All winners that receive a Product with an approximate retail value of $600 or more will be issued a Form 1099.
By accepting the Product, you agree that we can use your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Product information to tell everyone how awesome the Product was. This means we can include you in advertising and trade and promotional materials for Raffle of the Day, in any form of media (including media that’s not yet known), and that we can do so without any additional compensation. This only applies unless otherwise prohibited by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
SHOULDN’T THERE BE MORE LEGAL STUFF?
We’re glad you asked! In order to keep our lawyer’s blood pressure within a reasonable range, we have to tell you the following:
- Sponsor, Product Providers, Partners and Promotional Partners (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable email; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
- By entering sweepstakes/raffle, you agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with that sweepstakes; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with your participation in a sweepstakes (including any Product).
- In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
HOW DO I KNOW THIS IS FOR REAL?
Just send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Raffle of the Day, Inc., c/o Winner List, 5330 Mt. View Rd, Suite 115, Antioch, TN 37013 no later than 30 days after the end date of a Raffle Window, and we’ll send you a list of the winners.
WHAT IF WE DON’T GET ALONG?
We love you. And we hope you always love us too. But if you don’t, you agree that any and all disputes and disagreements between us will be governed by laws of the State of Tennessee and you will bring any claims only in the Federal and State courts located in Nashville, Tennessee. You also agree that unless you are prohibited from law in doing so, you promise you will bring any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against Raffle of the Day individually, without resort to any form of class action. Finally, unless the law prohibits you from doing so, you agree to waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
© 2020 Raffle of the Day, LLC. All Rights Reserved. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Raffle of the Day.